Job ID 16176
Airflo is a leading logistics company in perishables that specializes in providing world-class fresh logistics solutions for fresh cut flowers, herbs, cuttings, produce and fruits moving through key international trade lanes. Airflo is a subsidiary of Airfreight Group(AFG) BV with presence in Netherlands, UAE, Kenya, and Zimbabwe.
- General Ledger & Reporting
- Prepares, approves, and submits journal entries
- Reviews and approves G/L account reconciliations
- Prepared Balance Sheet Reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Validates month-end and quarterly reports
- Conducts Internal compliance activities
- Approves and provides reports to authorities and other third parties
- Provides written responses to auditors’ requests and consolidates feedback of third parties
- Reviews and approves regulatory reporting package for submission
- Requests and approves post-period adjustments Tax (VAT, withholding tax, withholding vat, Income Tax)
- Reviews and signs-off tax & statutory returns and hands over to authorities and, if necessary assists resolve inquiries
- Submits periodical declaration on payment & remittances (prints or enters into local tax tool)
- Supports local tax audits
- Maintains local tax documentation
- Supports the Head of Finance in preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting and tax calculation
- Ensure all tax and statutory GL accounts (NHIF, NSSF, WHT, Withholding VAT, VAT, and Company Taxes) are fully reconciled, returns filed with the relevant authorities, and paid on time.
- Budgets, Planning, and forecasting
- Budgeting: participate in the preparation of budgets and in the annual budgeting process by providing necessary templates and inputs to the relevant departments.
- Cash flow forecasting: preparation of monthly and periodic cash flow forecasting.
- Ad hoc analytical reviews: preparation of ad hoc forecasts and analytical reviews as may be required by different stakeholders.
- Accounting system, internal controls, and compliance
- Accounting systems: ensure the maintenance of appropriate financial records and supporting documentation in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Internal control systems: contribute to the periodic updating and review of the effectiveness of
- financial internal control systems for the companies.
- Tax Compliance- ensure compliance with the applicable tax laws by the companies.
Bank and Cash: – ensure effective internal controls and management of the bank and other cash-related accounts.
- Accounts Payable
- Act as a single point of contact for specific key vendors and assisting Finance Team in resolving invoices exceptions processing issues resolving booking and reconciliation issues
- Process vendor invoices and routing them to the department they belong to for approvals
- Handles electronic uploads of vendor invoices (electronic invoices)
- Approved Vendor Master data changes
- Reviews, advices and authorizes payment proposal as well as submits and confirms payment
- request to bank
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Organizes for local fixed assets reconciliation and addresses differences accordingly
- Review and approve fixed assets reports
- Assist with fixed assets verification and control
- Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Evaluate strategic and operational risks and opportunities to operations and business interests
- regarding quality, health, safety, and environmental topics, including environmental and workplace
- health and safety regulations, changing expectations of stakeholders, and national/local issues.
Skills & Competencies
- Proven ability to understand and analyze complex financial information
- High level of attention to detail and a logical and organized approach
- High level of accuracy, credibility, and accountability
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team and remotely with an off-shore partner
- Strong communication skills
Educational background / Work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field
- Additional accounting qualifications (e.g. CPA (K), ACCA, etc.)
- At least 4 years hands-on experience in a busy Finance Department
- Professional experience in management and financial reporting as well as in accounting/ financial processes
- Proven Tax experience
- English & Swahili: fluency in written and spoken
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application letter indicating their current/last salary and CV to the Head of Human Resources e-mail to email@example.com on or before 14th October 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.