The Communications & Business Development Junior Officer should have collaborative skills, identify opportunities to improve the brand reputation, and develop and implement communication and marketing strategies.
The duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time, but typically include the following:
- Developing and implementing communications strategies & work-plans, campaigns, events and other initiatives for the PropelA project.
- Researching, preparing, fact-checking, editing, and producing professional media and communications materials for various audiences and ensuring their timely dissemination via relevant platforms.
- Collating, developing and disseminating relevant content for the project. This includes but is not limited to blog posts, online content, press releases, speeches, presentations etc.
- Conducting surveys to understand the different stakeholders’ views.
- Preparing reports for the management team, including recommendations, to ensure better uptake of the PropelA project.
- Developing working relationships with reporters from different media outlets. Regularly engaging and arranging for coverage.
- Ensuring all marketing and communications material align with the corporate and project brand guidelines.
- Maintaining the digital media archive of photos and videos.
- Preparing and managing the project’s budget regarding communication.
- Working closely with the project team to populate and maintain a current stakeholder database.
- Managing consultants/ suppliers and ensuring quality delivery.
Business Development Role:
- Undertaking donor mapping activities under the leadership of the Country Director.
- Working with executives to implement marketing strategies for improved visibility in upcoming opportunities.
- Encouraging participation by new and existing clients by creating and continuously improving proposals.
The Communications and Business Development Junior Officer should have the below qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years relevant experience in a similar role; preferably in the development sector.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing and video editing softwares.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Advanced professional media skills, with demonstrable tactical expertise for devising and rolling out communications initiatives
- Great attention to detail, good time management and organisational skills.
- Good research, analytical and networking and negotiation skills.
- Able to work under little or no supervision with crisp decision making and leadership skills.
How To Apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th November, 2022 at 5PM.