This position is full-time and reports to the Executive Director.
Location: Nairobi, Green Belt Movement Headquarters
Duties and Responsibilities Financial Responsibilities
- Supervise and maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Develop financial policies, procedures and internal controls in consultation with the Executive Director that maximizes financial accountability;
- Develop, manage and monitor the organization’s budgets, financial reports, and projection of funding needs;
- Provide guidance and training to staff on financial procedures;
- Manage and direct the finance team, including performance management, coaching and mentorship;
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices;
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of bank statements;
- Participate in and support the fundraising efforts of the organization through financial analysis, budgeting, projections, etc.;
- Liaise with auditors to ensure annual audits are done in a timely manner; and
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports.
- Provide oversight on all procurement activities to ensure full compliance with the GBM and donor policies;
- Ensure daily administrative support to the team, including fleet management;
- Lead management and monitoring of the GBM assets, inventory, office equipment and supplies;
- Manage and direct the administration and procurement team, including performance management, coaching and mentorship;
- Prepare and submit various administrative reports; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- Certified Public Accountant or CPA –K holder;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience managing financial and contractual aspects for funded international development projects;
- Significant experience with project financial management, including financial controls, accounting, reporting and audit;
- Ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build consensus, including demonstrated experience managing and supervising financial, administrative, and procurement personnel;
- Familiarity with grants management, including demonstrated knowledge of rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
- Experience with computerized accounting and strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis;
- Excellent oral and written English and Swahili fluency required, with excellent communication skills.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV in one document outlining your suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd September 2022 with the subject line Finance and Administration Manager Application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.