With 11 partners and more than 130 team members, our firm dates back nearly 30 years. We have deep links with the Kenyan business community and in-depth knowledge of the market. We are particularly strong in our tax consultancy services. Many new entrants to the Kenyan and African emerging markets choose us as their financial partners to give them a solid foundation in an exciting new area of business opportunity. We set ourselves high standards in delivering value to clients, in a timely manner. In our latest survey (January 2012), our clients said they appreciated our friendly and personalised attention to them and the prompt, professional and reliable advice and support they could count on from us. We look forward to helping you grow your business. You could say it’s our instinct. Global scale and agility As a $4.7bn global organisation of member firms with 40,000 people in over 130 countries, we have the scale to meet your changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps you to stay one step ahead. Privately owned, publicly listed and public sector clients come to us for our technical skills and industry capabilities but also for our different way of working. Our partners and teams invest the time to truly understand your business, giving real insight and a fresh perspective to keep you moving. Whether a business has domestic or international aspirations, Grant Thornton can help you to unlock your potential for growth. Global organisation Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff in the institution.
- Support, implement and administer effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human resources needs of the institution.
- Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of all HR benefits, entitlements, contracts renewal and termination, performance management, promotions and other HR activities.
- Implement and administer the equitable, transparent and efficient job classification system in compliance with the established classification policy, guidelines, procedures and related requirements.
- Conduct timely and effective training programmes and briefing on career management to staff in order to support the capacity building and career development of all staff.
- Monitor staff/management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve and resolve the issues. Provide administrative support to the staff-management bodies in the capacity of HR focal point in the office.
- Provides technical analysis and support to the management and planning process in the institution in regards to budget planning, staffing, organization design and other HR planning and development deliberations.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a busy HR environment, 3 of which should be in management.
- Current membership of the IHRM is mandatory
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by Wednesday, 27th July 2022 stating the subject heading “HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees, of which one must be a former employer.