Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the position will be responsible for managing the delivery of efficient human resource services across the company’s functional areas to ensure the departments receive real-time human resource services in line with established policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities of Jobs
- Manage the day to day Human Resource management tasks from the recruitment to the exit of staff;
- Maintain a highly motivated and productive team;
- Manage the content and logistics of the staff meetings and give feedback to the Chief Operations Officer;
- Identify, plan and coordinate trainings to ensure objectives are met;
- Prepare and conduct staff counselling where required and document the same;
- Record, file and handle employee conflicts professionally and involve concerned department heads during the process to understand and resolve the matter amicably;
- Act as a liaison between the employer and employee where necessary;
- Manage staff performance using an appropriate performance management system;
- Provides technical analysis and support to the management and planning process in the institution in regards to budget planning, staffing, organization design and other HR planning and development deliberations;
- Develop policies and documentation in conformity with the Labour Laws and best practices with the assistance from relevant departmental heads;
- Follow up on compliance to the Employment Act and similar regulatory concerns;
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes;
- Assist the management in creating weekly, monthly or yearly reports for the company;
- Maintain accurate record of expiry of contracts, probationary periods, and acting appointments and submit reports for decision making.
- Perform additional tasks as may be requested.
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution;
- Must be a certified member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM);
- The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role specifically in warehousing or hospitality industry;
- The candidate should be conversant with labor laws and recognized Union laws within the nation;
- Should be attentive to detail and demonstrate accuracy;
- Should be able to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness;
- Should have excellent communication and reporting skills;
- Have strong analytical skills;
- Have good organizational skills;
- Should have a sense of urgency;
- Must have strong training and development skills;
- Should be knowledgeable in filing and record keeping;
- Should uphold confidentiality.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by Monday, 5th September 2022 stating the subject heading “HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees; one must be a former employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.