Job ID 4881
Career Level Executive
Our client is the leading e-commerce platform in Africa, built around a marketplace, Logistics, and Pay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. The Pay facilitates the payments of online transactions for our client’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, our client believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
Staffrite HRA gives you a chance to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities. Join our clients at Kenya Tech Center where tech meets purpose.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Work Location: Nairobi
- Industry: Internet, Retail, eCommerce, Marketplace
- Main Responsibilities
- You will be part of an agile team that develops e-commerce, smart logistics, and payment solutions.
- Your work will integrate a service-oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies and software development practices; You will own your services and be responsible for end-to-end
- You will take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews
- You will change the Internet landscape in Africa and the World one line of code at a time.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 Years of Experience
- Experienced with Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience with development in Java (and ideally Spring boot framework)
- Acquainted with building testable code, unit tests, and/or integration tests
- Knowledgeable of software design and architecture patterns
- Knowledgeable of SQL and relational databases
- Fluent in English
The following gives you a good head start:
- Experience in other programming languages, namely: Go, NodeJS
- DevSecOps mindset
- Aware of fault-tolerance and secure programming concepts
- Experienced in some of the following concepts: message queuing, caching, NoSQL, SOA, CI/CD, application and system monitoring
- Experienced in some of the following technologies: Maven, Gradle, Hibernate,
- Kafka, Redis, Prometheus, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarCube, Jenkins
- Experienced working with Scrum Processes References used daily at work:
What our client offers Successful Candidates:
- Space to use and experiment with new technologies in a robust tech environment
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet venture.
How to Apply
Our clients’ unique approach means we’re looking for unique people. The foundation of our Client is built on transparency, collaboration, and a deep desire to make things better. So, if you’re ready to join a team of smart, highly motivated individuals, and feel like this position is a good fit, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Java software engineer ) to email@example.com on or before 10th March 2022 COB! We can’t wait to hear from you.
Other jobs you may like
Field Technician – Power and Infrastructure Maintenance (Passive Maintenance)
- @ Staffrite
- Different Regions in Kenya,