Job ID 4879
Career Level Executive
Our client is the leading e-commerce platform in Africa, built around a marketplace, Logistics, and Pay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. The Pay facilitates the payments of online transactions for our client’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, our client believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
Staffrite HRA gives you a chance to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities. Join our clients at Kenya Tech Center where tech meets purpose.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Work Location: Nairobi
- Industry: Internet, Retail, eCommerce, Marketplace
- Be part of our client Engineering Management team and play a key role in our client’s technology plan.
- Be a role model for our client Values
- Coach engineers in your team and set their career path
- Drive your team on a continuous lookout for improvement
- Build reliable systems that scale to Our client ‘s ambitions
- Interact and communicate effectively with engineers, product owners, and business stakeholders
- Partner with the product lead to manage project scope and ensure the technical deliverables are met
- Identify headcount needs for the team, plan and recruit to fill these needs
- Find a group of humble and smart people ready to make you grow and to grow with you
- Change the Internet landscape in Africa and the World through your team
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience as an individual Software Engineer contributor working with Java technologies and agile methodologies
- A track record of leading effective teams (officially or unofficially – this may be your first experience as engineering manager)
- An eye for recruiting great people
- A great sense to manage technical debt and you know investing in quality will make you go faster
- The ability to be autonomous and to own your decisions
- The ambition to grow the company and within the company
- A great technical sense to challenge engineers and products to make the right decisions
- Full professional English proficiency
What our client offers Successful Candidates:
- Space to use and experiment with new technologies in a robust tech environment
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet venture.
How to Apply
Our clients’ unique approach means we’re looking for unique people. The foundation of our Client is built on transparency, collaboration, and a deep desire to make things better. So, if you’re ready to join a team of smart, highly motivated individuals, and feel like this position is a good fit, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Java Team Lead ) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th March 2022 COB! We can’t wait to hear from you.
Other jobs you may like
Field Technician – Power and Infrastructure Maintenance (Passive Maintenance)
- @ Staffrite
- Different Regions in Kenya,