Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a News Presenter/Anchor. He/she will report to the News Editor
- To sub-edit copy from reporters and correspondents.
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and reports.
- Selecting appropriate stories and exercising editorial judgement on the best angle from which to approach a story.
- Preparing and presenting material ‘on air’ for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Generating ideas for stories, features and following leads Pitching story ideas to editors.
- Developing and maintaining local contacts.
- Coordinating and liaising with correspondents in the field for purpose of compiling news and features.
- Make sure that News bytes are of good quality, ethically sound and precise to the right length.
- Ensure all social media platforms are updated regularly
- Advising your supervisor on new trends in online tools, applications, channels, design & strategy
- Moderating talk shows
- Write broadcasting reports and execute commercial logs
- Music research – identifies, propose and source music to be incorporated into the station sound.
- Cross-promote the company’s online & traditional product lines
- Conceptualize and execute online campaigns for various projects.
Skills and Personal attribute
- Have a good command of Embu or Mbeere language. (Attach Voice demo)
- Strong writing, editing and analytical skills
- Ability to moderate a talk show
- Ability to work odd hours
- Clear understanding of media laws and ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual and organized.
- Must have a nose for news, broad and strategic thinker and pay attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate a professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust, loyalty and keep abreast with evolving
Academic and professional experience
- A university degree in journalism / mass communication or another related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years experience as a Presenter /newsreader/reporter/subeditor in a reputable newsroom.
- Must be social media savvy, innovative and creative
How To Apply
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to email@example.com. Quote the code HRD/ED/NAP/6/2022
Closing date will be Friday 8th July 2022 at 5pm. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.