Job ID 9348
- Salary: Ksh, 42,000 to 46,000 plus a 1% commission on sales above the target
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid-level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Our client is a leading stationery supplier supplying to institutions and industries in the private sector, from manufacturers to retailers. They are also distributors of the Kangaro brand of stationery (staplers, punches and staple pins) and Luxor brand (permanent markers, pens, highlighters) targeting resellers such as bookshops, supermarkets and suppliers across Kenya. They are looking for well-spoken, experienced, and results-oriented Sales Representative to be responsible for closing corporate sales, meeting set monthly sales targets and ensuring good customer interface with our clients as well as relationship management within the entire sales cycle. The staff will report to the Managing Director and work as part of a team to meet the organization’s targets as per the stated KPIs and to achieve the company’s vision as currently articulated.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree or diploma preferably in Sales or Business-related field.
- Must have worked as a Sales staff preferably in a Stationery supply, distribution and wholesale firm or demonstrable selling FMCG to corporates and schools.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrable performance.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Fluent in English and Swahili language.
- Have personable and friendly tone of voice.
- Ability to handle being rejected by customers and remain calm and collected.
- Trustworthy, professional and reliable when dealing with confidential information.
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and/or CRM.
- Strong integrity
- Meet set sales monthly targets – currently set at Kshs. 3.6 million per month per person. The candidate is responsible for collection of payments as they fall due based on clients credit terms.
- Meet set sales targets in the following stationery sub-sectors;
- 50% of the target on supplies to private companies such as manufacturers, food processing companies, hospitals, NGO’s e.t.c
- 50% of the target being sales of products under distributorship.
- Engage potential customers in dialogue that opens opportunities.
- Commit to departmental and individual quotas/goals.
- Meet company expectations for excellent customer service.
- Provide information regarding products/service in an engaging manner.
- Answer all customer questions honestly and accurately.
- Take relevant notes on all calls for future use and enter into a database.
- Process orders in liaison with office logistics and customer relationship staff quickly and accurately.
- Maintain a friendly, professional tone at all times.
- Function as part of the team with sincere enthusiasm.
- Negotiate sales and address any concerns/reservations of potential customers.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Stationery Sales Executive) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th Sept 2022.