Our client a service-oriented digital technology company specialising in multi-cloud solutions, technology transformations and consulting services seek to hire a senior Dev0ps Engineer to help drive the growth of our DevOps and Automation practice, implement solutions to challenging client problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consulting with management on the operational requirements of software solutions.
- Contributing expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact.
- Mentoring junior software developers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities.
- Managing the installation and configuration of solutions.
- Collaborating with developers on software requirements, as well as interpreting test stage data.
- Developing interface simulators and designing automated module deployments.
- Completing code and script updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors.
- Overseeing routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostic tests.
- Documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Conforming to best practices in network administration and cyber security.
- Knowledge of using configuration management and tooling on IT and Application based configurations
- Ability to work closely with your team and the other software engineers to help design, maintain and operate systems at scale
- Working with Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker;
- Experience in the design and development and integration of microservices application to support data processing and storage;
- A University degree or equivalent in systems, computer, communication or electrical engineering or related discipline is required
- 7+ years hands-on technical experience with DevOps tools and practices;
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience (consulting services, technical sales, etc.)
- Experience within a DevOps practices and tools in a live environment, including design, development and integration of multiple services and applications;
- Knowledge of agile software development techniques such as software version control using git, branch-based development workflows, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration;
- Experience in the setup and maintenance of web servers and database servers;
- Excellent skills in the following programming languages: Python, Perl, Unix shell scripting and SQL.
- Experience in maintaining and improving CI/CD pipelines to help automate everyday tasks;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects;