Job ID 15257
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Recruitment
- Industry Government
- Founded: 1995
- Type: Public
- Website: http://www.kra.go.ke/
- Address: Times Tower Haile Selassie Avenue P.O.BOX 48240 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
About Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The Supervisor – ICT Service Support is responsible for guiding and ensuring that resolution of incidents by 2nd line Service Support team is done following the laid down procedure.
- Attend to service requests and incidents assigned to the team within defined SLA.
- Identify, monitor and resolve or escalate recurring incidents which translate to problems
- Coordinate collection of obsolete assets for retirement purpose.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and promote talent growth of officers in order to support business through excellent customer service.
- Provide next escalation level of ICT Support Officers.
- Establish performance targets for the direct reports and ensure that they are achieved.
- Monitor Incidents resolution and services recovery by direct reports
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- MCSE, A+, N+
- ITIL Training
- Customer Care Training
Relevant Work Experience Required
The job holder must have at least 3 years’ progressive work experience in user support in a busy IT environment.
The job holder must also:
- Have working knowledge and experience in automation tools such as System Center Configuration Manager and Microsoft SharePoint
- Possess experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and Linux operating systems
- Demonstrate working knowledge of printer configuration, setup and troubleshooting
- Have hands on experience in setting up and troubleshooting Local Area Networks and have knowledge of different network protocols
- Be possess experience in supporting IP phones and teleconferencing systems; Webex, Teams, etc.
- Have experience in management of active directory users and computers.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Exhibit the ability to work well in a team
- Possess sharp analytical and problem solving skills
- Display a strong customer focus character
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize workload