Job ID 12977
- The purpose for this role is to have a dedicated resource with the appropriate skills and knowledge to support the Asset Finance strategy in CIB and BB segments of the bank.
- Responsible to Head of Asset Finance with general management, Business development and relationship management ability.
- Role will involve enhancing Asset Finance business development through effective sales action plans, ensuring all new business is sourced from Dealers, existing Clients and New to bank clients.
- To implement sales plans/actions/ promotions and identify sales opportunities
- To ensure compliance objectives are adhered to
Key accountabilities Key accountabilities;
Business Development (75%)
- Responsible for the achievement of the CIB and BB Asset Finance revenue and Balance sheet targets as agreed
- Support the assigned team of RMs/Branches to ensure that NTB Asset Finance requirements are sourced and underwritten as per agreed timelines.
- Support and work with Trade Finance team to ensure that all Letters of Credit customers/facilities maturing into ABF are dealt with accordingly and on a timely basis.
- Joint customer visits with BMs/ RMs to understand Asset finance needs and tailor customer led solutions
- Ensure Weekly, monthly and quarterly performance tracking is shared with all stakeholders
- Regular engagements with the CIB, Credit and BB teams on Asset Finance opportunities
- Have Sales activations and customer sensitization(quarterly) in partnership with partners to increase uptake and leverage on Bank customers activities to position the same
- Relationship management with Dealer partners for effective service delivery
- Servicing CIB and BB customers and ensuring the TATs with customers are adhered to
- Monitoring and evaluation business strategies set
- Dashboard management with relevant MI teams to confirm accuracy of management reports on sales activities
- Identifying cross and up sale opportunities and track performance
- Work with the Head of Asset Finance to ensure strategy deliverables are properly documented and monitored.
- Responsible for call reports on customer visits.
- Ensure all documentation is correctly completed, collected and submitted as per procedure manuals and SLA’s
- Conduct stakeholder training to increase product knowledge across the Bank
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met by ensuring compliance to the Banking act and SLA’s
- Ensures review and escalation if required, of Sales administrative issues.
- Responsible for compliance with business procedure manuals
- Ensuring all complains are reported, tracked and resolved as per SLA by Head office
- Ensure compliance with Snap checks process and internal audit
Stakeholder Management (15%)
- Managing relationships with CIB and BB colleagues to drive business
- Dealing with outlets, operations centre to ensure full understanding of the ABF process & procedures
- Providing general support to the other Colleagues as and when required
- Work with Branch managers to ensure that branch colleagues are in a position to manage queries and complaints and get them resolved in a timely manner.
- Active participation to ensure the team is achieving the desired targets.
Market Intelligence (5%)
- Collect market intelligence through research by reading articles, publications, internet, word of mouth and networking in a daily basis to keep abreast of market development.
- Assess market opportunities with respect to competitor sales sources by remaining in touch with market forces and influences
- Dealer visits on a weekly basis to source for information regarding competitor’s scheduled activities.
Education And Experience Required
- B-degree in a business-related course
- Five (5) experience in the Banking industry with exposure to Asset finance, Insurance Premium Finance sales and Relationship management
Knowledge and skills:
- Credit appraisal principles
- Marketing/sales skills
- Negotiation skills
- Bank operations/procedures
- Client relationship
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating