Job ID 12248
Moving the Goalposts Kilifi is a community based organization that, since 2002, uses football to empower girls in the rural and urban areas of Kilifi and Kwale County. MTG’s goals is to have a more inclusive, just and peaceful world where girls’ and women’s human rights are realized and protected. It uses a rights based approach and focuses…
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategy Implementation
- Develop a communication strategy and plan, in line with the organization’s Vision and Mission
- Lead the implementation of the communications plan, providing support to staff, building capacity, and providing weekly updates to their supervisor
- Ensure that communications is a team effort in MTG
- Commission and work with designers to develop infographics, video, and audio as the need arises
- Write, edit and distribute content including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, and speeches that communicate MTG’s outcomes, products, and/or services.
- Media and Social media engagement
- Oversee and regularly update the website and social media feeds
- In charge of the coordination and implementation of MTGs social media strategy and plan
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with journalists and maintain a media database
- Tracking online mentions and engagements of MTG
- Development of the organization’s annual reports and publications (Tunaweza Newsletters)3. Records Management and Documentation
- Maintain records of all communications (products, social media, website, media coverage and collate analytics and metrics).
- In collaboration with the program team support the documentation of best practices, success stories, and overall organizational annual digital success story booklet
- Develop and submit quality and timely weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Develop budgets and undertake budget monitoring and controls related to his/her docket
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
Method of Application
Application letters accompanied by a CV – 3 pages maximum, should reach MTG on or before COB 15th July 2022, through this email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). The subject should indicate the position advertised.