Job ID 26286
Experience 3 Years
Job Title: Hotel General Manager
Primary Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Rosehill, Juba South Sudan
Our client is a leading 4 -star located in Juba, South Sudan. They seek to hire a seasoned and highly intelligent General Manager with experience in sales and marketing who will be responsible for all aspects of the operations of the hotel including day-to-day client management and staff. The incumbent oversees all aspects of Property Management in accordance with the company mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within established quality standards. Responsible for the hiring, training and discipline of all hotel staff.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for overseeing the entire hotel operation and commercial interests.
- To promote a positive environment through participative management techniques as outlined in
the Nesuto Way to maintain productivity levels.
- Prepare the rolling strategic plan in line with the overall Hotel strategic plan.
- Overall financial management of the entire business operations. This will include the preparation of budgets, key performance indicators, financial reporting and capital expenditure to ensure effective cost control and profitability.
- Drive the revenue management of the hotel, ensuring daily, weekly, and monthly revenue meetings are taking place.
- Have full control over all revenue management decisions including group, corporate and inbound rates.
- Achieve continued revenue growth through innovation in services, product offerings and sales and marketing initiatives. A full 12-month sales and marketing plan to be submitted every year.
- Drive sales ensuring that sales team members are adhering to the sales and marketing strategy.
- Attend at least two sales calls a week.
- Provide effective leadership, management, training, motivation and development of all team members in your reporting line.
- Maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders, including suppliers.
- Oversee the Building Management function and manage the Strata relationships.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Manage the Human Resources function of the business. To attend all relevant Hotel department meetings.
- Forecast, monitor and control wage costs.
- Monitor and record all breakages and wastage and associated costs.
- Ensure all resource use is minimised where possible eg. Electricity.
- Prepare team rosters in advance based on business.
- Administer payroll.
- Ensure that all public and back-of-house areas are presentable and that all equipment is stored correctly.
- Work with maintenance personnel to maintain the asset with preventative maintenance plans.
- Conduct team training, using the Nesuto Way program as well as on the job training and ensure that appropriate training records are kept.
- Ensure team members perform duties according to Nesuto Procedures.
- Ensure the team adheres to the Nesuto grooming standards.
- To have a complete understanding of and ensure the team adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Resolves customer concerns and address all feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete a thorough yearly competitor analysis to ascertain our position in the market place.
- Ensure that occupancy, room rates and revenues for the Hotel are continuously maximized and that the Hotel ranks, at a minimum within the top-performing hotels amongst its direct competitor set.
- Be flexible to assist with other duties and projects as directed.
- Ensure consistent high standards of food preparation, presentation and quality are maintained in the F&B outlet. Ensure the quality of the food and service offering is commensurate with the agreed standard.
- Conducts monthly inspections of all F & B and Rooms Division areas to ensure consistency.
- Ensure food safety systems are robust through compliance with standards.
- Ensure that food and beverage senior staff is holding pre and post briefings of each meal period to ensure that everyone is aware of all requirements and are kept updated on hotel promotions.
- Responsible for Food and Beverage Cost of Sales and ensuring targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure the outlet’s involvement in industry-based competitions at a local and national level for food preparation and combined competitions.
- To control and be actively involved with imagination and innovation in creating menus concepts and food promotions.
- Ensure general and food requisitions are checked to ensure correct items are ordered and delivered.
- To ensure all displays are creatively presented and to maintain tidiness of all areas of the hotel pertaining to the food and beverage outlets.
- To continually develop and maintain outlet policy and procedure manuals.
- Continually develop the food and beverage offering.
- Monitor all Food and Beverage and Rooms Division figures, daily, weekly and monthly and have a thorough understanding of the budget and profit and loss statement.
- Attend housekeeping briefing meetings when appropriate.
- Essential Desirable Degree/Diploma in Hospitality or business Work Experience & Skills
- Minimum of three years as a Hotel General Manager
- Technologically Savvy
- Food and Beverage Management Experience
- Experience in Managing a Sales Team
- Experience in Driving Hotel Revenue for Rooms, Food and Beverage and MICE
- Revenue management experience
- Experience using a Revenue Management tools such as iDeas
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Hospitality General Manager Job Juba) to email@example.com before 1st, February 2024.