Job ID 11683
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Audit Jobs In Kenya. The Nairobi Hospital – Internal Audit Assistant.
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results oriented and committed to continuous improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice in line with our Strategic Plan (2019-2024).
Internal Audit Assistant REF: TNH/HRD/IAA/06/2022
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for participating in execution of internal audit activities in line with the approved audit plan.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare audit programs on the planned audits and carry out risk assessment.
- Prepare audit notifications for the intended function where the audit will be carried out.
- Attend entrance meetings in order to share the audit objectives and program with auditees.
- Design audit procedures and execute audits in line with the audit program.
- Perform audit tests and evidence gathering in line with the applicable standards.
- Generate and submit draft audit report to the Internal Audit Manager for review.
- Schedule and attend exit meetings with auditees in order to discuss and agree on audit findings.
- Follow up auditees for their comments, action points and timelines in order to update the final report.
- Submit final audit report to the Internal Audit Manager for review.
- Prepare the executive summary of the final audit.
- Carry out follow ups when due with auditees on action points and prepare reports.
- Undertake periodic spot checks for identified areas to ensure full compliance to applicable controls.
- Carry out continuous audits for high-risk areas in line with the audit plan.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Education Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business related fields from a recognized institution.
- Certified Public Accountant CPA III or ACCA.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Technical & Behavioral competencies
- Knowledge of internal audit and applicable standards
- Understanding of hospital operating model
- Computer literacy skills
- Analytical skills
- Judgement skills
- Independent minded
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Customer service skills
- Team player
How To Apply
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter, CV/Resume & Academic certificates) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director, Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100