HR Jobs In Kenya.
SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women’s empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place.
The People and Culture Manager will play a critical role in overseeing the People and Culture Operations while coordinating and implementing People and Culture deliverables and activities. They will also be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient day to day coordination of all People and Culture functions, while adhering to relevant labor laws
- Work with the CPCO to develop annual budgets for the People and Culture function in conjunction with institutional managers
- Support the CPCO in ensuring that the SHOFCO Organizational culture is embedde
- Ensure that human resources policies and procedures that relate to SHOFCO’s Team members are understood by all by way of regular trainings
- Support the CPCO to oversee the organization-wide performance management process and structured reviews.
- Support the CPCO in periodic organization-wide training needs assessment and gaps identification that arise from analysis of performance appraisals and business trends
- Lead the selection, recruitment and on-boarding of team members in consultation with the institutional managers and the CPCO.
- Manage team members compensation and benefit schemes including oversight in payroll, medical, pension and other welfare activities.
- Develop and maintain a People and Culture system that meets top management information needs.
- Provide advisory support to the group functional leaders on People and Culture matters affecting the operations of the institution.
- Maintain proper team members elations while adhering to all labour laws and providing team members with a safe and healthy working environment.
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance and communication of records required by law and other departments in SHOFCO.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting People and Culture functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are compliant.
- Support the CPCO in regular review and update of HR policies and procedures.
- Oversee leave management and regularly analyze leave records to ensure compliance to all legislation pertaining to all types of leave.
- Nurture a positive working environment while empowering and motivating departmental team members and ensuring efficient execution of responsibilities.
- Work with the CPCO to design an internal personal development program that optimizes the potential for every employee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour, Management and Leadership or any other related field
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management
- A Master’s Degree is prefferable
- Professional Qualification
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) is preferable.
- Registered with the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- 6 years’ experience working in the Human Resources department with at least two (2) of these at the management level.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Experience working with human resource information management systems
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Strategic vision / comprehensive understanding of businesses and organizational needs
- Superior Interpersonal negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Behavioural Competencies/Attributes
- leadership acumen / leadership strength
- Integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to email@example.com, quoting their current and expected salaries. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us no later than 10th December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.