Job Vacancy-Procurement & Logistics Officer.
Power & Solar Systems Limited is seeking to recruit a Procurement & Logistics Officer (PLO). The PLO will be responsible for ensuring that requests are serviced in a quality and timely manner. The PLO will report to and work under the guidance of the Supply Chain and Operations Manager. Accordingly, s/he will manage and ensure the provision of efficient and timely procurement and logistical requirements to the company.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, or related field. CIPS or any other procurement certification is desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in procuring requirements of significant complexity and value, with knowledge in both local and international market.
- Excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a diverse and dynamic team.
- A strategic thinker; always ready to adapt and learn with high levels of integrity, innovativeness, accountability and honesty with good negotiation skills.
- Technology savvy with proficiency in the use of MS Office software packages,
- Timely and duly prepare procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation in collaboration with the respective teams.
- Receive, review and process incoming requests ensuring sufficient clarity on specifications given for goods and services. Confirm any other relevant information from requestors and seek recommendation from technical support team members for related project materials and equipment.
- Coordinate and ensure that all purchases are reviewed and approved in accordance with the authorization matrix.
- Support the Supply Chain & Operations Manager to analyse the local and international market and keep an up-to-date database of international and local suppliers that satisfy Power & Solar Systems Ltd criteria (quality, price, service, ethics, etc.) and needs.
- Organize local transportation of merchandise including choice of transport and packing, planning and monitoring of consignments.
- Organize the physical management of stocks in collaboration with Supply Chain & Operations Manager including periodic inventory stock take or reconciliation, organize periodic stock controls, stock cards and stock monitoring chart and manage the flow of merchandise.
- Maintain records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filing system for records of all quotations, procurement process, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, etc. are kept accountable and easily accessible by other users.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of ordered goods/services and ensure through established procedures that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the order (quality, quantity, price, deadline, origin, etc.).
- Receive invoices for purchased goods and services and submit to Finance & Accounting with all relevant support documentation for processing.
- Manage motor vehicles.
- Perform other operational tasks when necessary.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should submit his/her application to email@example.com. Attach copies of your academic certificates and all other testimonials so as to be received on or before Tuesday 3rd May 2022 5pm. This advert can also be viewed on our website https://www.powersolarsystems.co.ke/careers/
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Power & Solar Systems Limited Does Not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- A candidate should quote last and expected salary.