Our client is a restaurant based in Uganda. They seek to hire a Restaurant Manager to run the business operations and manage restaurant staff.
- Monitor and improve overall productivity and revenue goals for the hotel by tracking results, generating SOPs and implementation of service improvement plans
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Manage on-going profitability of the restaurant, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Deliver restaurant budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Develop improvement actions and carry out costs savings
- Train and monitor staff performance, evaluating cost-benefit appraisals on a quarterly basis
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Deal with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products and provide performance assessment of vendors
- Inspect all departments with their respective Managers for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Carrying out random inspection of stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the Catering Manager & Chef.
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running the hotel
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with HODs to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets and customers’ feedback.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of staff training programs to ensure the company’s operating standards are achieved
- Understanding of the market trends in food and beverage services and being a leader in this
- Ensure Discipline in all stations, readiness of all stations, cleanliness, staff levels, uniforms, food presentation, buffet displays, food and drink service sequence as well as the overall standards of service, hygiene and safety.
- Constantly work the floor during service times to test guest feedback, and ensure constant feedback for a positive growth in the client database.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree or Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of management experience at a full-service restaurant
- Must be computer literate
- 10+ years’ of experience in Food and Beverage service.
- Highly conversant with HACCP regulations as well as safety policies
- Knowledge in budgeting, forecasting and management of costs
- Be conversant with advanced principles of food and beverage management, revenue management and cost control.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Restaurant Floor Manager) to email@example.com before Tuesday, January 11 2022