Job ID 11776
You will be part of a highly motivated and skilled team incubating a new business for IBM with the goal of accelerating science and societal impact, focusing especially in chemistry, materials, biomedical sciences, climate, and sustainability. A Discovery Platform Software Engineer collaborates with other engineers, product management, and other team members to design, code, test, document, and support industry-leading solutions that make scientific discovery faster. Applicants should have prior experience with or be able to master the tools and techniques for building, deploying, operating, and supporting large scale hybrid cloud platforms, services, and applications, based on Kubernetes. Particular challenges include optimizing demanding workloads with large, distributed data sets, heterogeneous computation platforms, and operational requirements for industry, as well as regulated data on public and private infrastructure.
What You Will Do
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with other members of engineering, product management, science teams, and marketing to create high-quality content for releases, including Kubernetes-based software, documentation, blogs, training content, etc., as needed.
- Work closely with other team members to refine the product roadmap, including specific features and release plans.
- Work closely with other team members to refine the platform architecture and design, as well as the DevOps processes used to create, deploy, and manage software.
- Work with minimal supervision and sometimes work collaboratively with other team members to deliver high-quality work in an efficient manner.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS/BA degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a professional software engineering role using one or more programming language ecosystems.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast paced, changing, and agile development environment to meet deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
Any of the following additional skills are highly desirable.
- Experience with cloud-native environments, such as AWS (S3, lambda, CloudTrails, etc) or other cloud vendors.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with DevOps in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment.
- Experience in a data science or data engineering environment.
- Experience with AI/ML, Quantum Computing, or High-Performance Computing (HPC).
- Experience in scientific research or software engineering for research.
Method of Application