Job ID 3778
Our client is established under the Ministry of Co-operatives and Marketing, registered under the Co-operative Society’s Act Cap 490 of the Laws of Kenya. They have branches in Nairobi, Kisumu, Meru, Kiambu, Thika, Eldoret, Nakuru, Kisumu, and Mombasa. Besides providing savings and credit services our client has other business lines like property management, mortgage services, and Insurance which have been operational for over 20 years. They seek to hire accountants who will be responsible for keeping and interpreting financial records across their branches.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Timely and up to date bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of audit schedules both for internal and external audit.
- File statutory returns on timely manner as per the norms of KRA. (VAT/PAYE/NSSF/NHIF/P9)
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information
- Recording and maintaining the accounting transactions
- Maintain and reconcile bank accounts on regular basis.
- Generate invoices and make timely follow ups on accounts receivable
- Debt collection
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Petty Cash Management.
- Payroll Management
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Financial analysis on a requested basis
- Manage accounts payable
- Identify and provide strategic work solutions to improve the operational efficiency
- Assist in administrative functions of the office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration-Accounting option nor a related degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2-3 years accounting experience involving budgeting, bank reconciliation, and preparation of financial statements are required
- Candidates with CPA certificates will have an added advantage
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever-growing brand, kindly send your CV and Professional Certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th Jan 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.