Job ID 8281
Purpose of Position
To provide overall management of finance function by promoting financial stewardship, accountability, and accuracy of financial reports, effective resources management, accounting, and safeguarding of assets. He/she will also be responsible for compliance with Tenwek Hospital’s financial process and policies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Take lead in Tenwek Hospital Community Health and Development (THCH&D) Budget Application Process: making necessary revisions as maybe required; Reviews Project Progress Report (PPR) and send it to donor.
- Maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
- Monitor financial implementation and ensure that it is done in accordance with Tenwek Hospital procedures and approved budget by conducting regular project visits in liaison Program Team. Use findings to support development to improve on internal controls.
- Take lead in tracking program budget call ups, expenditures and reporting.
- Review Donor Audit Reports (AR) and Management Letters (ML) and ensure compliance with donor procedures and requirements.
- Coordinate development of Audit ToRs including overseeing audit process.
- Ensure timely submission of AR and ML to the donors.
- Reviews the auditor’s findings and opinions of the current year and make follow-up to ensure project management has responded and subsequent corrective actions are taken.
- Reviews and corrects of previous year’s auditor’s findings and opinions and ensures improvement in the subsequent year
- Ensures all donor related income and expenditures are reported on donor financial Statement, clearly explained and reconciled with incomes and expenditures reported on Audited Reports
- Reviews and ensures that the closing balance reported on Financial Statement is in conformance with the closing bank balance reported on the audit report
- In liaison with Program Team, ensure all savings are approved before re-allocation and re-utilization.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Management
- Professional management qualification, in addition to finance qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA
- Minimum five years’ work experience in same capacity within development sector
- Strong and proficient skills in budget development, budget monitoring and donor financial report writing
- Demonstrated experience and skills in partner capacity building (finance)
- Excellent skill of using MS Word and Excel, PPT, and Outlook
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Experience working directly with multi-funded donor programs and has an excellent understanding of current trends in managing (finance) donor funds
Method of Application
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application (cover) letter with a detailed CV ONLY, stating your current position, current & expected remuneration level, daytime telephone contact number and the names, contact numbers and addresses of three professional referees directly to email@example.com
Please do not send any other documents apart from those requested. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.