Job ID 19863
About Enchanting Travels
Enchanting Travels is a passionate, vibrant company that specializes in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys for discerning travelers to exotic destinations in Asia, Africa and South America. Founded in 2004, we have made the travel dreams of thousands of guests from around the world come true. We rely on outstanding team members who are passionate about what they do – we are a multicultural team with 120 team members from 17 nationalities working from our offices in the US, Germany, India, Argentina, and Kenya.
What we can offer you
This is a really unique customer service opportunity for many reasons – here are a few!
- The people you work with. We are a dynamic international and multicultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons
- Support for your growth. Our pool of managers, trainers and coaches will guide and support you while pursuing a personalized approach to help you succeed and grow. Furthermore, we invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of our people
- Flexible working hours. After the initial training, you will have considerable flexibility in your working hours
- Having an impact. We listen to our team’s ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path
What you will be doing
- Working closely with our partners to confirm ground services the moment a booking comes in and ensuring everything is booked as per what has been promised to the guest
- Collaborating closely between our guests and the partners to coordinate trips and deliver the experiences promised by our travel consultants
- Providing prompt, courteous service to guests by applying critical thinking and problem-solving skills to their problems
- Understanding the guest’s requirements and coordinating with different departments to prep arrangements pre and post guest travel
- Briefing guests about their upcoming experiences in our destinations
- Acting as the single point of contact for guests on their trip and providing 24hr support throughout the duration of the trip – this would include availability over weekends and holidays in case of emergencies or crisis
- Issue handling, catering to special requests, planning surprises and special activities, and regular follow-ups with guests by collaborating with partners for freebies or special rates
What we are looking for
- You love interacting with and helping people and have a passion for delighting guests and making their travel dreams come true. You are willing and keen to really commit to supporting our guests and are comfortable with flexible working hours including evenings and weekends if needed
- You are an excellent communicator in English, both verbal and written. This entails strong listening skills and the ability to convey information in a structured, clear and concise way
- Be able to work towards demanding time frames and handle crisis situations in a calm manner, enabling you to act and communicate clearly and confidently in difficult situations
- Excellent people skills – you will be compassionate and able to put yourself “into the shoes” of our guests, to relate and connect with people with diverse personalities and backgrounds to build trust
- You are a quick learner and comfortable with adopting technology and change and have outstanding mental agility and are solution oriented.
- You are strongly determined and motivated to be the best you can be. You are highly organized, have a high level of attention to detail and an intrinsic desire to keep things organized
- Although this role will be standard operating hours of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday due to the nature of the guest service we provide, you will be on call to answer any out-of-hours calls from guests during evenings and weekends to ensure the guest has an unforgettable trip and everything runs smoothly. In return, we offer flexibility with time off in lieu of additional hours worked.