Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the positions of 2 Project Assistants– Ezesha99DOTS (DAT Activity) in Nairobi and is contingent upon funding.
10 months contract.
Overall Job Function
This role supports the implementation of the Ezesha99DOTS project that seeks to pilot digital adherence technologies (specifically Medication Adherence Sleeves) for Tuberculosis in Kenya. The project assistants will be responsible for providing technical support at sub-county and health facility level to ensure quality implementation of the Ezesh99DOTS project. Specifically, they will be responsible for on boarding of health facilities within Nairobi County for DAT, alongside the county and sub-county health management teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Onboarding of health facilities towards uptake of Digital Adherence Technologies for TB programming
- Day-to-day implementation for the Ezesha99DOTS Project as per organization and donor guidelines to ensure that activities are on time, within budget and achieve desired quality
- Support project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in liaison with the project coordinator and the M&E/ ICT officer, facility, sub-county, county management teams and TB ARC II team
- Ensure timely preparation of high-quality project reports in collaboration with the project coordinator
- To support logistical needs in relation to the Ezesha99DOTS project
- Technical input in capacity building activities such as didactic trainings, CMEs and other innovative training modalities to staff in supported facilities
- Participate in operational research related to the project
- Support in documentation of the project achievements including best practices, lessons learned and publications
- Additional responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A degree in Public Health, Project management, community development or equivalent health related field
- At least two years’ experience in implementing public health programs in counties
- Experience in deploying digital solutions for tuberculosis programming at national or county level is an added advantage
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
- Ability to work well with others and develop and maintain relationships with project staff other partners
- Ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint to develop presentations, develop high quality reports and conduct basic data analysis
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as Project Assistant – Ezesha99DOTS (DAT Activity): CHS/HR/TBARCII/PA/01/2022 by 5.00 PM, February 18, 2022.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.